Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Philosophy of Life (How do I View It)

Some say you are either a pessimist or optimist. Me, I am an optimist. I view the glass as half full as opposed to half empty. I view the world as a blank canvas that’s mine to paint whatever picture I’d like for myself. I am a firm believer in God and I know the power he has and what he can do for you. Many people blame others for their mistakes and mishaps in life when actually you are in control of your own destiny and decisions.

I have learned a lot in these four weeks away from my parents about independence and making the right decisions. So many times when I am around my parents I do what’s right because I know it will make them happy. Now since I’ve been away from them I’ve had to learn to think for myself. I’ve realized that when I make decisions I usually have two choices. One choice normally leads you down the right path, the other leads you down the wrong path.

Though I say life is a matter of paths you can take, I know that my life is ultimately predestined by God. As long as I do what’s pleasing in God’s eyes my life will be one that I and my parents can be proud of. Though there are many temptations out there, I love life and I live it to the fullest. I know that if I make bad decisions could I could have that freedom of enjoying life taken away. I know that I can get anything I want out of life and be anything that I want to be as long as I make good decisions and remain spiritually grounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment